Thursday, December 8, 2011

Probing the Board: Advising the Advisor

This is the final of the Probing the Board series and we are ending with an eye on the Advisor to SAB – Val Davids! Now, I’ll be honest, getting answers form her was like pulling teeth. But! The wait is over! To celebrate the finale of the Probing the Board series, I asked someone who’s known Val a very long time, Aaron the “Big Cat” McCabe, to critique her very short answers. I think he’s older than her in fact! So without further ado, here’s the boss lady!
What is your full name? 
      Valerie Davids
What is some of your past and current involvement here on campus?
      I have worked on campus going on 27 years.
What was your major and how long have you been at ISU?
      My major was Sociology.
Where are you from?
      I grew up in Bancroft, Idaho. (Where?)
Apple juice or orange juice?  
      Apple juice.
List 5 goals on your life’s to-do and/or bucket list.
            Learn to make bread, travel, go on a girl’s only hiking trip, spend time with my grandson, and receive the Golden Arrow Award. (Is that for old people?)
What is an embarrassing moment of yours?
      Which one! (Ha. How about getting pied in the face?)
What are three things you cannot live without?
      Electricity, hot water, and my Vitamix.
What is your favorite color? 
      My favorite color to wear is black, but I love all colors in my flower garden.
How would your friends best describe you?
      Organized, honest, and hopefully fun.
If you were a Star Trek [or Star Wars] character, which one would it be?
      Really?? Lol (She is too old to know what movies these came from…)
If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
      (She refused to answer this one...)
What is the one food you could never give up?
Cheese. (Who cut the cheese? This one!)
Do you like to sing in the shower?
            Wish I had a shower, but yes I do like to sing in the tub. (Singing while cleaning, that’s another story)
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Retired!! (Yea right…)
What is the last book you read for pleasure? 
      Hunger Games books.
Are you a morning person or a night owl? 
      Morning. (Then why are you always late to work? Low blow Big Cat…)
Who is one of your role models and why?
      My mom is my role model because she is always positive and upbeat. (And Big Cat)
Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
      I can play the bones. They are made of wood, not from real bones.
What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
            Almond milk, spinach, greens, carrots, cheese, lemons, grapes, jam, salad dressing,  condiments, yogurt, eggs, and turkey lunchmeat.
If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
      Josephine Marcus-she ended up with Wyatt Earp.
If you had a theme song, what would it be?
      A Little Bit Stronger (Not “We Came to Party?”)
Which areas of the world would you like to explore and why? 
            I’m intrigued by it all!! (Just like me. Not really sure what you meant here Big Cat. I smell fail…)
How would you describe yourself in three words?
      Fun, Independent, Organized
Tell me a joke.
      Knock Knock… (Who’s there?)

Thanks for reading along as we Probed the Board. Stay tuned to the Probe for future updates, sneak peeks, and behind the scenes action of the Student Activities Board. Until next time,

Probies out!

No comments:

Post a Comment