Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Probing the Board: Turning the Probe on the Director

The Probe is now putting the Director of SAB in the hot seat. Let's see what we can get out of her.
The Quaker Oatmeal Man?

What is your full name?
Sheila R. Mitchell [So… what does the R. stand for?]
What is some of your past and current involvement here on campus? 
In the past I was a member of the Student Anthropological Society, Bollywood Movie Club, Golden Key, and The Craft in Idaho Falls. I was also the Student of the Month in Idaho Falls in April of 2007. My past officer posts include the Librarian and President for the Student Anthropological Society, and the Treasurer for The Craft.  I am currently involved as a member in the following: Idaho Progressive Student Alliance, College Democrats, ISU QSA, National Society of Collegiate Scholars and the Secular Student Alliance. I was a volunteer for the Student Activities Board in 2010, the Family Programmer for 2010-2011, and now am the Director for the 2011-2012 year.
What is your major and how long have you been at ISU?
I am in the final year of my M.S. in Anthropology. I received my Bachelors Degree in Anthropology at ISU in 2009. So I have been here for a while.
Where are you from and why did you decide to come to ISU?
I was born and raised in Southeast Idaho. I chose ISU, because it was close to home.
Apple juice or orange juice?
Both.
List 5 goals on your life’s to-do and/or bucket list.
Graduate with my M.S., Obtain a Ph.D., Get a job, Move out of Idaho, and Traveling until I can’t.
What is an embarrassing moment of yours?
So not telling you! [Fail Sheila, fail.]
What are three things you cannot live without?
Chocolate, dancing, and friends.
Black light bowling awesomeness
What is your favorite color?
Purple. [It really is. Half her wardrobe I’d say. Good thing the Probe likes purple…]
How would your friends best describe you?
It depends on which friends you ask. [What kind of friends does she have? Hmmm]
If you were a Star Trek [or Star Wars] character, which one would it be?
Hmm, Yoda. 
If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Have you met me? [This could also count as her catchphrase]
What is the one food you could never give up?
Turkey Sandwiches.
Do you like to sing in the shower?
Yes!
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Not in Idaho.
What is the last book you read for pleasure?
Retribution.
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night Owl.
Workin' it for Equality
Who is one of your role models and why?
Queen Elizabeth I, because she was a strong independent woman. A quote “I will have here but one mistress and no master.”
Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
Maybe I do and maybe I don’t! [Embarrassment gets you nowhere in life Sheila]
What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
So not answering this question either.
If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Wouldn’t you like to know! [Thank you for stating the obvious. The Probe asked. The Probe expects an answer]
If you had a theme song, what would it be?
It would change based on my moods, so a new song every 30 seconds or so. [Does someone have music ADD? I think so...]
Which areas of the world would you like to explore and why? 
Europe, because of the amazing history that is in plain sight. Australia, because of its vast amount of differences from here. Africa, because of all of the interests I have there. Everywhere really, because each place has something new and exciting to see and learn.
How would you describe yourself in three words?
Straight forward, opinionated, and thoughtful.
Tell me a joke.
Well as college students we say “C’s get degrees,” but really what does that get us. An example maybe!
ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.
Well she may have failed to answer her fair share of questions, but she did go all out on the joke. This has been a peak into the mind’s eye of the SAB Director Sheila Mitchell, and until next time,

Probies, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment